Quick Finds

Custom Search

Let Customers Pay You Thru Paypal

Sign up for PayPal and start accepting credit card payments instantly.

Tuesday, July 8, 2008

With Every Good Bye, You Learn

She'll be leaving for the States for good this July, my good friend.

I remember meeting Ms. Manager in August of 2002. As an ordinary clerk in another department, I wonder how it is to become her: a well-respected and cream of the crop leader in the company. She's the go-to-gal. And as I personally witnessed it, it seems that that the company operations revolve around her.

Later on, as the nature of my work requires lots of dealings with her and her department, I found out that even people in the top of the corporate ladder could be as accomodating.

Our relationship grew from mere co-officemates and we became good friends. We would discuss at about anything and everything under the sun- even of course, our grievances from the company (which is I think) a bit common in the corporate.

Her life became a personal testimony to me- an epitome of how a Corporate Leader should be; and to this day, I could definitely say that she's one of those persons to whom I can attribute a lot of the Leadership skills I've learned through the years.

Then, she'll ask my opinions on how the lower persons in the company feel about them. I would give her feedbacks, and opinions, as well. So the symbiosis of learning occured to both of us.

I left and transferred into another company in 2006 and she gave me a simple poem.

In June of 2008, I received a text message from her asking me to organize our group so we could dine together- a simple gathering for her Despedida.

She'd be leaving for the States for good. She'd be with her daughter who'll be studying in the US.

Physical detachment, indeed, can make us feel sad. But the friendship far outweighs; knowing that God allows us to meet different persons in our lives along the way for a good purpose.

Now, it's my turn to give her the copy of the poem she once gave me.


After a while you learn the difference between
holding a hand, and chaining a soul.
You learn that love doesn't mean leaning,
and company doesn't mean security,
that kisses aren't contracts,
and you begin to accept your defeats
with your head held high and your eyes wide open
with the grace of a woman not the grief of a child.
You learn to build your roads on today
because tomorrow's ground is too uncertain,
and futures have a way of falling down mid flight.
After a while you learn even
sunshine burns if you get too much.
So plant your own garden, and decorate your own soul
instead of waiting for someone to bring you flowers
And you learn that you really can endure,
that you really are strong,
and you really do have worth.
Over and over you learn and learn,
though you may not want to let go,
with every goodbye you learn




No comments:

Post a Comment

Get Your Paypal Account Now!

Sign up for PayPal and start accepting credit card payments instantly.